Bourne Education Trust
The Bourne Education Trust is a Surrey-based multi-academy trust made up of eight schools, Epsom and Ewell High School, Sythwood Primary School, Brookwood Primary School, Jubilee High School, Pyrcroft Grange Primary School, The Matthew Arnold School and Sayes Court Primary School. The newest school in the trust will be Chertsey High School, a new free school that the trust is opening in September 2017.
The trust specialises in supporting schools to improve their performance and draws on the experience of all schools in the trust. Epsom and Ewell High School has been working with Jubilee High School since March 2012 although Jubilee High School only formally joined the trust on the 1st September 2013. Epsom and Ewell High School and Sythwood School have been working with Pyrcroft Grange Primary School since July 2013 and Sayes Court Primary School since October 2013. Pyrcroft formally joined the trust on the 1st December 2013, Sayes Court on the 1st June 2014 and Brookwood Primary School on the 1st November 2015.
The trust’s main areas of expertise are as follows:
- Increasing leadership capacity and rebuilding confidence
- Setting the strategic priorities for the school and creating an aspirational culture
- Supporting the current leadership team in implementing change and holding staff to account
- Refining the school’s data tracking systems so that intervention is targeted, appropriate and makes a difference
- Improving the quality of teaching through school-to-school support, paired observations, bespoke training and the use of outstanding practitioners
- Increasing the skills of teaching assistants so that in-class provision and small group work supports progress
- Improving the dialogue between teachers and teaching assistants
- Challenging underperformance
- Ensuring that no child slips through the net
The trust is led by Alex Russell from Epsom and Ewell High School and he is supported by Sue Tresilian, headteacher of Sythwood School, Steve Price, headteacher of Jubilee High School, Mary Gould, head of school of Matthew Arnold, Zelia Munnik, headteacher of Chertsey High School, Sue Nardoni, headteacher of Pyrcroft Primary School, Jo Green, headteacher of Brookwood Primary School and Rochelle Richmond, headteacher of Sayes Court. Overseeing the work of the trust is its strategic board. This is made up as follows:
- Sara Lipscombe Chair
- Chris Marston
- Chris Munro
- Tony Oakden
- Alex Russell
- Sue Tresilian
- Audrey Wade
- John Winter
The board meets termly and all schools in the trust are held to account for their performance against pre-agreed key performance indicators. The philosophies that underpin the trust are those based on partnership and collaboration. We want to ensure that all children receive a first class education and that the professionals working in our schools are well equipped to deliver this. We believe that the best way to achieve this is by working together in an open and honest culture, where no stone is left unturned in our quest to deliver an outstanding provision to the children across the trust.