Who we are
The Governing Body oversees the strategic direction of the school and is made up as follows:
- Christine Archer (Community governor)
- Charlie Asdell (Staff governor)
- Jane Derrick (Community governor)
- Jo Kapourta (Staff governor)
- Julia Kirkland (Vice Chair/Parent governor)
- Walter Lian (Parent governor)
- Joanne Massey-Shand (Co-opted governor)
- Ian McGraw (Community governor)
- Judith Quaife (Chair/Co-opted governor)
- Alex Russell (Ex-officio)
- Philip Watson (Parent governor)
- Ann Wood (Co-opted governor)
The register of governors' interests can be downloaded here.
The register of governors' attendance at governing body meetings can be downloaded here.
Governors play an important role in the life of the school. They take a long-term strategic view of the way in which the school is developing. Their main function is to ensure that the school improves so that the highest standards possible are achieved in all aspects of school life. In many ways, a governing body is like a board of directors of a company: they make decisions about standards, policies, funding and recruitment of senior staff. The headteacher and the staff are responsible for the day-to-day running of the school. They work hard to implement the School Improvement Plan. It is the responsibility of the governors to challenge and support the school in its ways of achieving the best for students.
Governors' duties include:
- promoting high standards
- setting targets for pupil achievement
- taking general responsibility for the conduct of the school
- managing the school's budget
- making sure that the curriculum is balanced and broadly based, in particular that the National Curriculum and religious education are taught, and reporting on pupils' achievement in National Curriculum assessments and examination results
- participating in the appointment of senior staff and regulating staff conduct and discipline
We now have three sub-committees: Finance, Personnel, and Learning and Progress.
Membership of these is as follows:
Finance: Christine Archer, Jo Kapourta, Julia Kirkland, Walter Lian (Chair), Chris Munro, Alex Russell, Kate Sanders,
Personnel & Safeguarding: Charlie Asdell, Joanne Massey Shand (Chair), Ian McGraw, Judith Quaife, Alex Russell, Kate Sanders
Learning and Progression: Charlie Asdell, Jane Derrick, Julia Kirkland, Chris Munro, James Newman, Judith Quaife (Chair), Ann Wood,
Julia Kirkland - School Journeys & Visits/ Health & Safety
Judy Quaife & Ann Wood - Inclusion & Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Ian McGraw - Safeguarding