Educational Trips & Visits
At Epsom and Ewell High School we very much value the learning experiences that trips and visits can bring. It is important that students gain understanding in context and we encourage departments to plan trips that relate to the curriculum to enhance their knowledge of the subject.
In recent years we have undertaken trips to a variety of places in the local area as well as other parts of the UK and abroad. Some examples of trips and visits that we have offered in the past are:
- Year 10 Physics trip to visit the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland
- A variety of UK-based Geography data collection days for GCSE and A Level
- Year 12 Biology Field Trip to Juniper Hall in Surrey (five days)
- Visit to Royal Academy of Dance for GCSE Dance students
- Sports Tour to Italy
- Year 7 Watersports
- Language trips to France and Spain for various year groups
Year 9 visit to Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Visitors to the school
Additionally, we encourage outside speakers and groups to visit the school. We have welcomed Frantic Assembly and dancers from Matthew Bourne to the school to run workshops for GCSE Dance and GCSE Drama students. A variety of science professionals have also run sessions with students to educate them on the opportunities available in the world of work.