Teacher of Spanish
Main Teacher Scale (negotiable, depending on experience)
Epsom & Ewell High School are looking to recruit an enthusiastic teacher of Spanish to join our vibrant team in September 2019. We offer a unique approach to teaching and believe the success and achievement of our students is produced through the promotion of staff well-being.
We are committed to providing the very best for our teachers. The benefits you can expect by working here include:
- A focus on staff well-being and a commitment to reducing staff workload
- A shorter academic year (36.8 weeks per year), which means more holiday time and a good work-life balance
- Outstanding NQT training and support
- Manageable marking policy
- Lesson plans provided (if required)
- No duties
- Great opportunities for career progression
Salary Grade: Main Teacher Scale (negotiable, depending on experience)
Responsible to: Head of Department
Visits to the school are encouraged.
Interested candidates should complete an application form, which can be downloaded from our school website along with a full pack of details www.epsomandewellhighschool.com Application forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 29th March 2019
Interview date will be Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Epsom and Ewell High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare and safety of its staff and pupils, and follows safeguarding interview procedures. We expect all candidates to meet the highest standard of safeguarding and successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To provide leadership to students, encouraging high levels of achievement and good behaviour.
- Setting challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in class
- Planning effectively to meet the needs of students with Special Educational Needs and equally those of high achieving students
- To work collaboratively with teachers and support staff to secure the best outcomes for students
- Liaising effectively with parents or carers on students’ progress and achievement
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Using a variety of teaching methods and styles appropriate to the range of ability of the students being taught
- Securing a standard of behaviours that enables students to learn, and act to pre-empt and deal with inappropriate behaviour in the context of the behaviour policy of the school
- Undertaking the teaching of those classes assigned under the school timetable
- Planning and preparing lessons in accordance with the schemes of work of the department
Essential Person Specification Requirements:
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the subject(s) they are trained to teach
- Be degree level educated (subject specialist required) and hold an appropriate teaching qualification
- Have previous teaching experience within a secondary setting
- Be committed to the pursuit of high standards, both academic and behavioural
- Be able to evidence how they have raised attainment and challenged high achieving students to obtain the best grades
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner
- Be committed to being an excellent team player
- Be able to build excellent relationships with students, pupils and other staff members
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Possess excellent behaviour management skills
- Be able to create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment