Welcome to the Sixth Form
Welcome to the Epsom and Ewell High School Sixth Form. I hope that you have got a real insight into the school from the information on our website and by visiting us to see us at work. I would encourage all of you to make an appointment outside of the open evening so that you can confirm external agencies' views of us:
- In 2016 98% of all grades were A*-E with just under 70% at A*-C. The average grade profile for A levels was BBC whilst the performance in vocational subjects was truly outstanding with 60% of grades being either distinction * or distinctions.
- In 2014-15 the local authority graded us as 'outstanding' across all areas including the sixth form. Please download the report.
- In 2014 we awarded National Support School status by the Department for Education and the National College for Teaching and Leadership. This recognised our high performing status and capacity to provide school-to-school support.
- In every year of the last 4 years we have been ranked in the top 8 of schools in Surrey for students' 'value added' (i.e. by how much students perform above their expected levels) and only one of 3 Surrey schools to do this.
- In 2013 we founded the Bourne Education Trust; a Surrey based multi-academy trust made up of six schools. It is one of the largest education trusts in Surrey.
- In 2012 OFSTED graded us a 'good' with a number of outstanding features, particularly in the key areas of leadership, progress and capacity to improve. Please download the report.
- We are strategic partners with the SJB and Salesian teaching alliances that train new recruits to the profession.
- In 2013 we founded Teach England. This utilises our expertise to prepare and train foreign teachers relocating to England. Both this and our work with the two aforementioned teaching alliances mean that we can recruit the very best new staff.
In short, this is a fast moving school and sixth form in which all students can achieve both inside and outside the classroom. OFSTED's main conclusion accurately reflects what this school is now about. The final report stated that "Epsom and Ewell High is a good school. It provides students with outstanding support so that they make at least good and sometimes outstanding progress. Behaviour is outstanding and students are motivated, articulate and polite with a clear focus on learning."
Since we opened in 1989, Epsom and Ewell High School Sixth Form Centre has been a place where all our students have enjoyed the opportunities for success, working in a supportive and friendly environment. At the end of their time in the Sixth Form our students go on to universities and colleges, including Oxford and Cambridge universities, or else go directly in to employment.
For post 16 study we offer flexible course packages designed to meet the needs of all students, including AS levels and A2 levels and BTEC National Diplomas. Facilities for sixth form students are excellent not just for academic study but also for extra-curricular activities and relaxation. There are dedicated sixth form ICT facilities, private study rooms as well as a common room for students to meet, study and relax.
Our Enrichment Programme offers students the chance to broaden their experience, develop themselves as individuals and ultimately enhance their C.V. A wide range of extra-curricular activities are on offer to our students. We aim to support every student through their studies at EESF. At EESF we are committed to broadening each student's experiences and as part of this students are also encouraged to find career related work experience during their time in the sixth form. We are justifiably proud of what we offer students and what they achieve.
The sixth form is now the place of choice for our students. The majority of year 11 students opt to stay on and we continue to attract others from outside the school. This is a clear vindication for the excellent experience our sixth formers have.
Despite this, importantly for everyone associated with the school, we are not content to stand still. Please access our strategic and development plans. They reflect our ambition to continue to provide the best education we can for our students and be the highest performing school in Surrey. Best of all please come and visit - any time on any day. We would be delighted to show you around.
If you wish to see us at work you are welcome to make an appointment any time. Please contact the school office to arrange this.