Welcome to Epsom and Ewell High School. I hope that you have got a real insight into the school from the information on this website and by visiting us to see us at work. I would encourage all of you to make an appointment to visit us so that you can confirm external agencies' views of us:
- The 2016 exam results further embed school’s reputation for high performance. All A level students gained their first or second choice university place and GCSE results buck the downward national trend.
- Whilst the English and Mathematics crossover at GCSE fell by 2.1% to 54% nationally, the school showed a 7% rise to 62% this year.
- Furthermore, the school’s progress figures were outstanding with the students achieving a progress 8 figure of +0.42. This mean that, on average, every student achieved nearly half a grade higher in every subject than they were expected. The national average is 0. This will place the school in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress at GCSE.
- In 2015 the local authority graded us as 'outstanding' across all areas including the sixth form.
- In 2014 we were awarded National Support School status by the Department for Education and the National College for Teaching and Leadership. This recognised our high performing status and capacity to provide school-to-school support.
- In November 2014, the school was appointed as one of the Department of Education’s designated experts in the spending and application of pupil premium funding. We advise other schools on their strategy for support disadvantaged students.
- The school now has 8 Specialist Leaders of Education accredited by the National College of Teaching and Leadership. We now offer both internal and external advice and guidance in the following areas: art, geography, mathematics, initial teacher training, science, supporting the most able students and closing the gap (in the performance of different groups of students).
- In 2013 we founded the Bourne Education Trust; a Surrey based multi-academy trust made up of nine schools. It is one of the largest education trusts in Surrey.
- In 2012 OFSTED graded us 'good' with a number of outstanding features, particularly in the key areas of leadership, progress and capacity to improve. Please download the report.
- In 2012 we received the 'outstanding improvement award' from the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust.
- In 2010 we were named in the OFSTED Chief Inspector’s Report as one of the 8 most improved schools in the country and one of only 3 schools that jumped four levels in their grading categories in one go. The Chief Inspector of Schools for England and Wales stated that to "... become a good or outstanding school after being in an Ofsted category in the previous full inspection shows a singularity of purpose that comes from highly capable leadership."
- We are strategic partners with the SJB and Salesian teaching alliances that train new recruits to the profession.
- In 2013 we founded Teach England. This utilises our expertise to prepare and train foreign teachers relocating to England. Both this and our work with the two aforementioned teaching alliances mean that we can recruit the very best new staff.
In short, this is a fast moving school in which all students can achieve both inside and outside the classroom. OFSTED's main conclusion accurately reflects what this school is now about. The final report stated that "Epsom and Ewell High is a good school that has undergone a transformational journey... Staff and students alike believe that they can achieve outstandingly well."
We have delivered the highest of standards and sustained that performance over the last 7 years. We value every student and leave no stone unturned in ensuring that he or she can achieve. We work closely with parents and have high aspirations for all.
Importantly for everyone associated with the school we are not content to stand still. We are utterly committed to continuing to provide the best education we can for our students and be the highest performing school in Surrey. Best of all please come and visit - any time on any day. We would be delighted to show you round.