The school operates a cashless catering system. For your convenience and to simplify administration, we are also introducing an online payment facility through ParentPay. There will be alternative methods of payment if you do not have access to this online method. ParentPay will allow you to pay whatever amount of money you choose into an account held within the system, money spent on food will be taken out of the system and students can always check to see how much they have left by using a revaluation terminal.
If your child is entitled to a free school meal, the allowance is automatically credited to the student's account each day to allow purchase of the meal.
There is a daily 'spend limit' programmed into the system which can be increased or decreased for an individual pupil by making a written request to the school.
If you wish your child to continue to bring 'dinner money' into school, cash can be entered into the system by the student using automatic cash terminals. The terminals will accept £2 - £1 - 50p - 20p - 10p coins.
Cash cannot be used to buy food directly at the dinner counters once the system has gone live.
1. Go to www.parentpay.com and click on the Login tab in the top right corner of the page
2. Type in the username and password that you received in your letter from school, be careful when typing in UPPER and lower case letters, also be sure not to confuse the letter l (for lemon) with the number one (1) and the number 0 (zero) with the letter o (for orange). NB these user details are for one-time use only and will become invalid after account activation
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully activate your account
4. Read the ParentPay terms and conditions and click in the box next to Accept terms and conditions at the bottom of the page and click Continue
5. You’ll see an overview of your activation onscreen and will receive an email confirming your account settings click Continue
Your account is now activated and you are ready to start making payments.
In order to ensure you can receive password reset emails, payment receipts and any email alerts that you may wish to request please ensure you verify your email address.
Making a payment
Click on the My payment items tab.
1. Put a tick in the box to the left of each item you wish to pay for
2. If required, type the amount and/or quantity you wish to pay for in the Amount column
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Continue
4. Check the details on the summary page are correct
5. Click Continue
6. Enter your card details in the appropriate fields
7. Click Make payment
Click on the My accounts tab.
1. Select the dates between which you wish to view your past payments
2. Click Search
3. You can sort the table by clicking on the title of a column
If your school is using ParentPay Dinner Money you may also check payments by account. Click My accounts then click on the Account Statements tab. Select the service that you would like a statement for using the drop down menu, choose the month that you would like to view and click Search.
If your school is using our data capture module in conjunction with a cashless catering till system in school, you will be able to view what your child has purchased and click through to view associated nutritional information.
If you have more than one child at the same school you will have received a separate username and password for each child. You can merge all the accounts together so that you will only have to use one username and password to make payments for all your children.
Login to your ParentPay account using the username and password for your first child (these login details will become the login details for both/all children merged to your account) and click on the Merge my logins tab.
1. Type in the username and password for the child that you wish to merge with this account and click Search
2. Your child’s details will appear on screen, click on Merge pupils to my account
If you have more than two children at the school you need to carry out the above steps for each child.
ParentPay is constantly endeavouring to help schools reduce costs and administration burdens, whilst enhancing the quality and frequency of communication with parents. Parents can now receive automated text message alerts for dinner money and other items.
If you are already a user of ParentPay you may have used MY ALERTS and received emails to alert you when your child’s catering balance was low, or when a new item was available for payment, now you can set up automated alerts by email or SMS Text for balance warnings, new payment items, confirmation of payments received by school (including PayPoint) and even when school has sent you an important email!
In order to receive text updates regarding your school ParentPay account you first need to pre-purchase a text balance. Each text you opt to receive will cost 6p.
We recommend that you keep a minimum balance of 50p to enable any urgent messages to be processed. Minimum Text credits purchased must be £2.40.