Free School Meals
Provision of food in the middle of the day will be given free of charge to a student whose parents are in receipt of
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
N.B. If you receive WORKING TAX CREDIT you do NOT qualify even if you receive child tax credit and your income is below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
If your child is currently in receipt of free school meals, or you think that your child is entitled to them, you must fill out an application form and return to the school office:free-school-meals-form.pdf Due to recent changes to the Free School Meal Eligibility Criteria and the rollout of Universal Credit (1st April 2018) your child may be protected to receive FSMs. Eligibility will be verified and confirmation advised by the school office on submission of an application form.
Students may also bring a packed lunch from home which must be eaten in the dining hall or in good weather at the picnic tables. Parents are encouraged to adopt the healthy eating guidelines for packed lunches and fizzy drinks should not be included in lunches. Glass bottles are not to be brought into school and all litter must be placed in the bins provided or taken home.