Trips & Visits
At Epsom and Ewell High School we very much value the learning experiences that trips and visits can bring. It is important that students gain understanding in context and we encourage departments to plan trips that relate to the curriculum to enhance their knowledge of the subject.
In recent years we have undertaken trips to a variety of places in the local area as well as other parts of the UK and abroad.
Trips already planned so far for this academic year include:
- A variety of UK-based Geography data collection days for GCSE and A Level
- Various Performing Arts trips including 'Leopoldstadt', 'Fame the musical', Everybody's talking about Jamie'
- English theatre trips including Dickens 'A Christmas Carol'
- Year 11 Kayaking at Thames Young Mariners in Richmond
- Year 10 residential trip to The Kingswood Centre in Kent
- Alternative Provision trip to The Therapy Garden
- A/Level Philosophy & Ethics trip to Bloomsbury Baptist Church
Letters are sent to parents regarding trips and visits well in advance to allow time for payment and planning.
Visitors to the school
Additionally, we encourage outside speakers and groups to visit the school. We have welcomed Frantic Assembly and dancers from Matthew Bourne to the school to run workshops for GCSE Dance and GCSE Drama students. A variety of science professionals have also run sessions with students to educate them on the opportunities available in the world of work.