Trips & Visits
At Epsom and Ewell High School we very much value the learning experiences that trips and visits can bring. It is important that students gain understanding in context and we encourage departments to plan trips that relate to the curriculum to enhance their knowledge of the subject.
In recent years we have undertaken trips to a variety of places in the local area as well as other parts of the UK and abroad. Some examples of trips and visits that we have offered in the past are:
- A variety of UK-based Geography data collection days for GCSE and A Level
- Visit to Royal Academy of Dance for GCSE Dance students
- Sports Tours to Italy and the Isle of Wight
- Year 7 Watersports
- Ski trip to France and Italy
- Language trips to France, Germany and Spain for various year groups
Trips already planned for this academic year include:
- Year 8 and 11 language trip to Barcelona September 2018
- Year 10 Geography field trip
- Year 9-10 language trip to Germany
- Year 8-10 day trip to France
- Year 8, 9 and 10 Netball trip to Paris
Letters are sent to parents regarding trips and visits well in advance to allow time for payment and planning.
Visitors to the school
Additionally, we encourage outside speakers and groups to visit the school. We have welcomed Frantic Assembly and dancers from Matthew Bourne to the school to run workshops for GCSE Dance and GCSE Drama students. A variety of science professionals have also run sessions with students to educate them on the opportunities available in the world of work.